National Integrity Framework - Parent's / Guardians
Being involved in the sport of gymnastics is as rewarding as it is inspiring.
As a parent or carer of a child or young person, it is natural to expect your child to experience a gymnastics environment that is safe, supportive and inclusive.
The following resources and fact sheets have been developed by either Gymnastics Australia or Sport Integrity Australia to support you understand the expected behaviours of everyone involved in gymnastics in Australia.
Complaints Guide for Parents and Guardians - Coming soon
• Gymnastics Australia Complaints Management Flowchart
• Sport Australia Fact Sheet - Member Protection Policy
• Sport Integrity Australia Fact Sheet - Competition Manipulation and Sport Wagering Policy
• Sport Integrity Australia Fact Sheet - Complaints, Disputes, Disputes, Discipline Policy
• Sport Integrity Australia Fact Sheet -Improper use of drugs and medicine policy
• Child Safe Practices Do's & Don'ts
Should you develop a concern about your child’s involvement in gymnastics, there are people you can talk to. Some concerns about occurrences that happen on the gym floor, such as misunderstandings, can often be solved momentarily with a brief discussion with your child’s coach. More severe concerns, or complaints, are those that affect your child’s learning or wellbeing, which may include safety, racism or bullying.
Raise a concern
Gymnastics Australia’s dedicated National Complaints Manager can help you.
Did you know Gymnastics Australia has a dedicated National Complaints Manager? Their role is to listen to your concerns regarding Child Safeguarding, and is available to all members of the gymnastics community. They can also help you should your concern relate to other integrity related issues within our sport.
Phone: 03 8698 9700 select option 0 for Integrity/Child Safety
Child Safety email: [email protected]
Integrity email: [email protected]
To contact Gymnastics Australia’s National Complaints Manager: