Women's Gymnastics International Development Clinic Highlights
Monday, 3 August 2009
Highlights from the International Development Clinic held in Perth last month...
- Sophie Ward from WAIS winning the physical test. A big “congratulations” to Sophie!
- Allana Slater (2000, 2004 Olympian) gave expert coaching tips on the tumble track during the clinic – Thanks Allana!
- Congratulations to all the gymnasts who earned a position on the Team Future Squad 2009 – wear your pink T-shirts with pride girls!
- Team Future High Achievers for the Jan-June for 2009 were announced. The girls received a beautiful navy and pink GK Leotard – woo hoo!
- At the conclusion of the clinic we were treated to 2008 Olympian Olivia Vivian performing her new Floor Routine – it was definitely “College Style” – you rock Olivia!
- Dasha Joura – yet another Olympian on hand - presented all of the awards much to the delight of all of the girls – Thanks Dash!
- The clinic wrapped up with all of the girls performing their dance that they had been working on with National Team Choreographer – Stacey Umeh – well done girls! – click here to view
All of the gymnasts will be training hard over the next 6 months in order to be invited back to the next clinic following National Clubs in Canberra. Only gymnasts who are competing in the International Development Program and are participating in the IDEAL skills testing are eligible for clinic selection. For more information regarding the clinics or IDP/IDEAL skills information contact National Junior Development Coordinator – Jo Richards, firstname.lastname@example.org
Footage of the girls completing the warm up dance routine, cheographed by Stacey Umeh