Athlete Career & Education (ACE)
As a member of the Gymnastics Australia National Squad you are entitled to access services and support from the National Athlete Career and Education (ACE) Program. You do not need to be a scholarship holder with the AIS and/or a state institute or academy of sport (SIS/SAS) to access these services.
The ACE Program has staff located in all Australian States and Territories and provides:
- Transitional support to guide athletes through all transition phases including de-selection, retirement, injury, rehabilitation and relocation;
- Career counseling and planning to assist athletes to identify what careers are of interest to them and how to implement plans to achieve their career goals;
- Lifestyle Management to assist athletes to find their unique balance of sporting, personal, family and career commitments;
- Education guidance and information on school and university education, TAFE courses, vocational training programs, course selection and alternative study pathways incorporating Distance Education and flexible delivery; and
- Personal Development to help athletes develop skills in public speaking, media presentation, job interviews, resume development, career planning and time management, and life skills such as cooking, budgeting and financial management.
Please contact your Sport Program Manager to find out who the ACE contact in your state is.